Hello & Welcome One & All

Hopefully we can share a smile or two as the days of our lives intertwine. Cheers & best wishes to all who drop by.

Monday, March 9, 2009

OLE MYRTLE CAUGHT A RABBIT

For this OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY hosted by Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer I had something of a dilemma...Ole Myrtle, my faux dog, turned up missing....where could she be? We called her, we whistled, we looked for her and finally we found her...

*

There she was nestled in an azalea bush holding a little bunny rabbit in her mouth...after a quick scolding, she was sent back to her place on the hearth!

*

Well, since we are already in the yard....I'll show you a series of budding flowers in Mr. Bo's garden...soon they'll all be bursting with flowers...

*

*

*

*

*

Thanks for coming by to visit me today. Check Susan's blog
to see what she & the other participants have to share. Thank you Susan for hosting this event!

♥♥♥♥♥


48 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Bo! Oh isn't Myrtle cute! Love your azaleas... they really are bursting with blooms! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

That was so cute! Myrtle is precious in the azaleas! All of the flowers look so pretty. laurie

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Bo! How cute!! And your flowers are gorgeous! We don't have any azaleas here yet...soon!! Hope you are having a good week! hugs...Debbie

Kat said...

Old Myrtle was just doing her job! This is so cute, and your azaleas are gorgeous! Kathy

Jewel Sauls said...

Cute! Love Myrtle!!! Oh the azaleas are gorgeous. Can't wait for them to bloom here!!! :D Jewel

Anonymous said...

Myrtle is mischievous!

Your flowers are beautiful.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

How cute is that? I think your dog want to be a model, so cute with that easter bunny. Your photos of flowers are gorgeous.

Lisa (aka) French said...

The flowers are beautiful and that doggie is precious;) Hugs French

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Very cute and I love the beautiful flowers, you southerners are so lucky! cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Bo!
Such pretty colors blooming already in your garden! I enjoyed my stroll through...

xinex said...

LOL! Myrtle is so cute! The azaleas are beautiful!...Christine

rebel said...

That's cute! You had me goin' there for a minute, I was thinkin', OH! Poor little bunny.
Your flowers are beautiful

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute and you have azaleas already. Happy Spring,

Kathy b

Martha said...

Oh, to be in a zone other than 5! Your flowers are beautiful! And . . . what a cute picture of your pup!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday, Bo!

Love that poem. I thought Myrtle was real at first. LOL! Had to double check my glasses. ;-)

Love to you, my friend, and I love those azaleas. Ours are blooming, too, and I love it!

Happy OW!

XO,

Sheila :-)

santamaker said...

What gorgeous flowers and I love what you did with the photos. Great touch.

Missy Wertz said...

Very cute Bo! Beautiful flowers. Your yard is looking very springy!

Light and Voices said...

So nice to see spring. It is dark and gloomy and raining in Illinois. Adorable post with the poem. Such a beautiful tour of your garden. Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Joyce

Tealady said...

Oh, Bo, what a precious story. You had me going there at first. LOL It looks like springtime in your yard. Lovely!

All the best, Lana

Monica said...

Hi Bo! Your dog is so precious, and the Azaleas... amazing!
Monica.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Myrtle is just excited for Easter to come. She has taste too - just look at the bunny basket :-)

You must also be excited for your garden to be in full bloom with all those flowers and lovely smell :-)

Anonymous said...

Good morning Bo. I am just now seeing the light of day and you already have 21 comments. I must be half asleep because I thought Myrtle was real for a minute. I did see the word faux but that went right over my head. LOL. Thank goodness Bill made the coffee and now I'm wide eyed and bushy tailed.

I love how you framed out your photos today. The flowers look so pretty. The only flowers in our garden are some sweet little pansies that seeded themselves in the edge of the flower bed between the stone border. Their little faces look so cute. I should have put them on my post today.

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs...Jeanne

Unknown said...

I, too, am not fully awake and wondered about your faux pup. Love her (now that I've a few sips of coffee and can see!)

Sherry Shealy Martschink said...

It's azalea time in Summerville also, although we'll likely peak in about two weeks. Isn't this just a gorgeous time of year?

Anonymous said...

Cute post Bo!

Azalea blooms, oh my!

We're back to reality this morning, with 23 degrees!! The fireplace is on, too.

Kim said...

Your azaleas are so beautiful. Mine will not awake until the first of April. Wow, just love their color! Thanks for the wonderful photos!

Chandy said...

Lovely flowers! I love your cute dog, too! Happy Wednesday and thanks for sharing!

Shirley said...

Ole Myrtle is really cute! Your azaleas are so pretty...such a pretty color.

Maryrose said...

Very cute pictures, I love the look on puppies face when you caught him in the garden. Thanks, Maryrose

♥ Kathy said...

What beautiful azaleas! And your dog is so cute too!! Happy OW! :)

Marsha said...

Beautiful spring photos and I just think the puppy with the easter basket is too cute!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

That title caught my attention - cute! Beautiful flowers....our azaleas will be blooming soon - can't wait. Linda

Unknown said...

Oh, she is a fast one! Love the color in the garden it is so bright and cheery.

Sue said...

Hi Bo,
Loved myrtle, and your flowers are so pretty, can't wait until ours start blooming.Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Carole Burant said...

Myrtle looks so real sitting there with the basket! hehe Such beautiful flowers you already have in bloom. None here yet, still tons of snow on the ground. It will be May before we even have flowers blooming around here. xoxo

Darlene said...

When I read the title I felt soooo sad for the poor little rabbit. I brightened up considerably when I saw the actual picture....lol...too CUTE!

LOVE all your beautiful flowers...come on Spring!♥

Judi said...

Bo
YOur flowers are just lovely. I can't wait until its time for us to get flowers blooming too. Dear dear that Myrtle. Thank you for that story and thank you for sharing your garden treasures.
have a lovely evening
Judi

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Hi Bo,
It sure looks like Spring will be here soon....your flowers are just beautiful and I just loved your little bunny basket....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Tardevil said...

Your azaleas are beautiful. Can't wait until ours start to bloom. You must be several weeks ahead of us in warm weather.

Beth at Aunties said...

You are too funny! You had me believing you:) Your flowers are gorgeous and so bright and pretty...
I can't wait for something to forth with their colorful blossoms here:)
My husband is heading your way next week so he will be able to enjoy the warmth:)

Thanks Bo, for being wonderful you!

♥♥♥

Carol said...

Your flowering azaleas are so pretty! You must be having some warm weather!

Hugs,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Morning Bo, Just wanted to drop by and wish you a happy day. It looks like we are heading to Fl. for the weekend. I'll post a message on tomorrows post. Have a happy day.

Hugs...Jeanne

Rue said...

Hi Bo :)

Your Azaleas are gorgeous! We don't have even one bloom yet, but they're coming! ;)

rue

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Bo, Love the Azaleas! They are gorgeous! Now, where is your tablescape today... ;)?
Hope you are having a wonderful week! Blessings, Nancy

Blondie's Journal said...

That Myrtle is quite a rascal! Best keep her on the hearth all spring! My little Layla is quite the baby bunny catcher and they are almost as big as her!

Your azaleas are beautiful. Everyone in Blogland seems to grow them & I have only killed mine! I will have to get some advice!

Happy OW!!

xoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

What a cute little dog. Your flowers are so beautiful. We still are under snow here. I can't wait for our flowers to start blooming!

nikkicrumpet said...

Sheeesh I must need a nap because for just a minute I thought that was a real dog. But Myrtle sure is cute....even though I'm pretty sure now that she's faux dog lol

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Beautiful flowers and lovely colors.
Thanks for sharing.