Hello & Welcome One & All

Hopefully we can share a smile or two as the days of our lives intertwine. Cheers & best wishes to all who drop by.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY" & "I WONDER WEDNESDAY'...

What a fun day of the week...it's "OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY" hosted by Susan please check out her wonderful blog for this week's participants to enjoy a variety of yardscapes...




Here are some photos of my dear hub's plants that he's over-wintered in our garage...moving them in...moving them out...moving them in...moving them out...this is my all time favorite..RED GERANIUMs

*


*


*


*


*


*


Look at these Nandinas...they are loaded with beautiful berries!


*


*


*


Look at these berries up close...


*


*


*


And here is one of my hub's 28 Encore Azaleas just beginning to bloom...




*


*


*
I couldn't believe that my DH actually kept a Impatiens basket alive through the winter...It's a little scraggly, but still looks pretty darn good!


*


*


*


And now, we leave you with another fav photo of a Geranium!


And now it's time for this....


It's Wednesday...which means I'm also joining TarDevil for "I Wonder Wednesday"






Here I sit...wondering what I wonder this Wednesday...don't I look lovely?



*




You know, I've always wondered why the sky is BLUE ?



and why are the clouds WHITE?


*







Okay...now, what is the speed of darkness? Answer me this, if you can...LOL*


*


*


*



Finally, if a #2 pencil is the most popular pencil in the world...what is #1???







Okay, that does it for now...thanks for wondering with me!


♥♥♥♥



48 comments:

Tardevil said...

I did the same thing w/ my plants, but I think yours look much better (probably because you all water yours?). Now, your I wonders have me wondering the same thing, and I've gotta tell you, I don't have any answers for you! Thanks for playing along!

Judi said...

Hi Bo
YOur husband has a real green thumb! How did he keep those plants so nicely over winter. That would take much patience and love and knowledge to do that.
Your flowers are looking so lovely. *sigh*. I only wish ours were at that stage already.

Enjoy them..
also..thank you for the information on the banana pudding. Its dear friends like you who help keep me straight..*hugs*. I made a banana pie and now I can go back and get the recipe and try the banana pudding...yum! I've never made that from scratch either.

have a lovely day
Judi

Unknown said...

You crack me up with your wonderings
hehehe LOL!

I for got to mention the last time that I was on you blog... I love your new header. It's all Shamrockie! :)

Love the Geraniums. They are so lovely. They were always my mom's fav!

Have a great rest of the week!
~Liz

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, J keeps plants in the garage all winter. They love that environment.

Last year he was pleased as punch when a volunteer geranium grew up through the space between the rock wall of the basement and the patio..a tiny space about 1/2 an inch. The geranium was very tall and bloomed beautifully. That was the one plant, in particular, he called daily walkers/runners over to see!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Bo!

How lucky to have a husband with a green thumb! I love the geraniums...and the nandina red berries are beautiful! Gee, I have trouble keeping my impatiens alive during the summer...I can't imagine getting them to love through winter too!!

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Bo, LOL! My poor brain is working on half wattage, and I can't wonder anything...it's too tired! LOL! But I'll let you wonder for me, okay? Great pics!

And your flowers look pretty good to have been wintering inside. We are having full flown spring here. That means pollen will be there before we know it. UGH!

Happy OW...

XO,

Sheila :-)

P.S. Bo, you need to fix your link at Susan's. I couldn't get it to work, but I knew where to find you. ;-)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Bo

you need to put the following in the link box

http://blinksnwinksfrombrown-eyes.blogspot.com/2009/02/outdoor-wednesday-i-wonder-wednesday.html

you only put
http://blinksnwinksfrombrowneyes

then everyone can find you!

(I can only delete link, not change them)
Thanks Susan

Anonymous said...

Bo, I love your flowers, and Norm did the same thing with my two lonely plants. Most of my plants are silk. :) That was great on I wonder post, now you've got me wondering too.LOL

Love ya,
Chris

Jewel Sauls said...

How wonderful to have those plants overwintered. I tried with some ferns one year. DH has banned that practice from now on since he said it took days to clean up the fern droppings and the ferns themselves never got really pretty again. Oh well, I just buy some each year, but it seems like such a waste!!!! Lucky you!
Your pencil question really made me chuckle! :D Jewel

Picket said...

Morning Bo...girl your wondering questions are too hard ont he brain at this time of morning! lol

Love the flowers girl and my dad has Encores all over his yard they are his favorites along with his Knockout Roses.

Your hubby sounds like my Bill...he will save a hanging basket in the shed and it will still be alive and blooming come Spring! lol Have a great Wednesday girl!

Southern Lady said...

That is TRUE LOVE to nurture your flowers through the winter. I had to give up on a few of mine.

I loved your "I Wonder" post, Bo ... Wish we knew what that chimp is wondering!

I hope your ourdoors are filled with sunshine today!

Sincerely,

Janie

Kat said...

Your DH's plants look wonderful! I can't keep plants alive during the summer, much less winter lol. Loved your I wonder post - you are too funny. Kathy

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Bo! I love the little signs of Spring! And I love your questions...you are a hoot! Hope you are having a great week!...Debbie

xinex said...

Your plants really look good, Bo. Unfortunately, a lot mind died even before winter, when I went on vacation. I'm going to have our sprinler fixed. The ape is so cute...Christine

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Love your plants!!! I am going to try Encore azaleas this year, hope they like the heat.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Bo, I was wondering if you would post today and you DID!!! I too garaged a few plants and tell sonny I need help. They are looking so sad. I'm wondering if they will make it. I could break down and water them. LOL. I wonder the same things as you so I am not much help.

My second day at home ALONE. I am loving it and feeling pretty good. However, I am missing my cream of rice cereal that Bob made for me each morning. I have to do it myself now. sigh. I haven't had breakfast yet so I guess I better get it now.

Have a wonderful day.

Love and hugs to you Bo...Jeanne

Bridget said...

I wish my hubby had a passion for gardening. Those nandinas are really beautiful.
I love the Wonderings of your Wednesday. They gave me a chuckle.
Have a good day, Bridget

Chandy said...

Great flowers! The azaleas are my favorite!

Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes

"Blossom" said...

Bo, I just want to dig up all your hubby's plants and bring them to my house. Yes, you look lovely today in your posed photo. Thanks, for stopping over yesterday.
Blossom

Darlene said...

Your dh has done well with keeping the plants alive through the winter. I have kept two big pots of spider plants alive only cause they are at my job with lots of windows and I remember to water them there! Love your wonderings!

April said...

Hi Bo~
On this cold and dreary February day...I really needed some glimpses of springtime to warm me up...THANK YOU!!!

squawmama said...

Hey Bo... Your flowers are just lovely and your DH did such a great job of keeping them alive... You are quite wonderess yourself... All those are great questions but I wonder how you always come up with the perfect post... Love YA

HUGS
Donna

Sue said...

Hi Bo,
My dear sweetie has been over wintering some plants to in our garage too, aren't we so blessed to have very thoughtful husbands!!!
Blessings,
Sue

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM BO, WOW!! a double hitter today..Oh girl I would give anything right now to see a flower..all our daffs just started to POP out and that dang "white stuff" beat them to death again..This is one of the craziest winter we have had here..Now I loved your Wonder why..this is a fun thing that Devil girl does..hope you have a great day dear friend..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

♥ Kathy said...

Loved your OW pics! The geraniums are so beautiful to me :)

Tealady said...

What a fun double post. You'll be able to set out your overwintered plants before you know it. Springtime is just around the corner. And your "I Wonder" photos are too cute! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great wonderings. Love that. I have often wondered why the sky is blue too. But I am glad when it is! Your gerraniums make me want spring!

Anonymous said...

Good for your husband. We have plants in our garage, too. Their appearance varies from okay to sad, but we'll see. ;-)

You know, I've always wondered about those #2 pencils, too.

JudyBug said...

Love the cluster of berries on the nandina's. That's one of my favorites. Great pics!

JudyBug

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, your DH did a great job on keeping all those plants alive. I love geraniums too. They are such a showy plant. I loved all of your "I Wonder". Hugs, Marty

Coloradolady said...

I can not believe you were able to save those plants during the winter, it is amazing. You will have to post more pics of your yard after all the blooms are covering the plants!

Your "I wonder" cracked me up!!

Unknown said...

Hi Bo,
Those plants look great...can't believe u were able to overwinter them!

Nandinas are one of my favorites too!

rebel said...

Love your plants, they look great. You've asked some tough questions and I'm sorry to say I don't have the answers BUT I wonder too. This was a good I wonder Wednesday.

Kristens Creations said...

Your plants are so pretty! Your hubby definitly has a green thumb. Why is the sky blue? I've always been told since there is more ocean than land it reflects it. Now.....I just don't know about that, lol! Kristen

Kristens Creations said...

Ok....I just had to ask my smart hubby about the sky and he went on and on and on....bla bla bla.... but basically the light particles from the sun get filtered and the blue color makes it to our eyes. Makes a little since, but I still don't fully grasp it. I'm not about to ask him about the clouds.LOL!

Lisa (aka) French said...

Just dropping in say say hello and let you know I miss you;) French xoxox

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Wow. Those flowers and berries are just so beautiful. Your family has some amazing gardening skills. I'm that good... but at the killing of plants, not making them succeed, I'm afraid.
Katie

Fifi Flowers said...

Beautiful outdoor garden photos!

santamaker said...

Love you header!
I've always intended to winterize my plants but somehow each fall they get forgotten :(
Your hubs did a great job on those. Geraniums look beautiful!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Good morning Bo, your flowers certainly give me the fever for spring and the newness of life.. I searched thru your four leaf clovers for some extra added luck..didn't locate a one... :-(
Thanks so much for your prayers darling...they mean the world..
hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Good morning Bo, I was so happy to talk to you yesterday. Bill was glad we have our reservations. He loves to plan waaaay ahead. Your hope for me to have sunny weather isn't happening right now but I feel bright and happy. I hope you do too. I'm waiting for therapy. This my last visit at home. Next week is a 25 mile trip one way three times a week.
I'm glad to get it started as it is much harder and I improve faster. This therapy group is awesome as well.

Love and hugs to you today...Jeanne

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Bo, How lovely that you are going to have wonderful flowering plants to start the spring season! I'm not good at keeping them over the winter or starting them early enough in spring. Summer's usually close to being over before my flowers start looking good!
I've always wondered if there was a No. 1 pencil, because No. 2 is all I've ever heard of, and why did they stop with 2. Has nobody invented a 3 or a 4? laurie

nikkicrumpet said...

Your hubby does a great job with the plants...I always plan on doing this...but then wait til the last minute and they die before I can bring them in. And I think you need to wax....everywhere! lol Love ya woman. And I have a post coming up about a #2 pencil..how coincidental that you'd ask that question!

Bridget said...

No timeout for you. That was pretty funny! I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you were telling me a joke until I read the punchline. LOL

Dianne said...

We have a ton of different plants and trees blooming here right now and my allergies have kicked in big time! The blossoms are beautiful--the allergies aren't!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Bo you are so funny! I wonder about a lot too --lol--- but your questions are priceless...lol

I keep my herb pots in my garage all winter and hope they revive in the spring when I take them out. Most do except my rosemary plant, so I kept that inside this year and so far so good!

Hugs, Pat

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hey Girlfriend...

So glad that you stopped by...and thank you for your sweet comments! You're always so kind...I love when you visit!!!

Well my friend, you and your honey have quite the "green thumb"! It's unbelievable that your plants have faired so well through winter!!! Your geraniums are gorgeous...they remind me of my Grandma...she always had them in all different colors! And...I just love your Nandinas...I've never seen them before. I think they would look so pretty to do a arrangement up of them for the house! Just some long stems of them with the pretty berries in a pitcher...ooooh...so pretty!

Well my friend, hope you're having a wonderful day!
Warmest wishes,
Chari
PS...??? I don't think darkness has a speed...speed is only measured by light! Hmmm...there is my intellectual opinion for the day...hehe!!!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Bo, At this time with the economy I am thinking I need to take lessons from your dh. I throw away beautiful plants every fall. This has inspired me to become more thrifty.
Hugs, Terrie